Monday, October 26, 2009

Nanny question?

Hello everyone! I am a nanny for an 10 1/2 month old baby girl in Arkansas. The mother%26#039;s sister is expecting a baby in January, and they asked me if I would mind watching both babies at their house, at the same time. They told me that I can let them know an hourly price that I would like to be paid, but I am not sure what to tell them. Just a little background: I just graduated from college in May and am now having to pay back school loans, I am reading books in my free time about becoming a trainer for service dogs and dogs that help disabled and elderly people, so this is an interim job. The parents of the baby I am watching now are pretty well paid, the dad is an airplane pilot and the mom works for a local business. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again, Nanny B



Nanny question?

The going rate for 2 children and activities is between 14-18 per hour.



Nanny question?

Two babies at once!! For me, a 15 year, I would charge 15 bucks, but you%26#039;re an adult... think about the money you could get. It%26#039;s like your job, right? You should charge $25!!



Nanny question?

Did you see Dr. Phil the other day about Nannies? Be careful, the lady on Dr Phil was pregnant with a fireman for a husband.



Nanny question?

The sister should pay you the same as what they are paying you. If you say she can pay you less then the original family may want a pay cut.



I think that it is very nice that they like you so much they want to share you with the sister and her family, but don%26#039;t let them take advantage of you.



If you really don%26#039;t want to watch the 2nd baby then please be honest and tell them no. It would be awful to take on too much and have to tell them to find another nany later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Egg donation © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting