Saturday, October 31, 2009

My wife wants to put her name on the deed to my home - Thorough details?

I came into the marriage with the home, and all (yes, all) of the assets. She came into the marriage with only debt. I paid off her credit card debt, and she was still working off her nursing school loans. We%26#039;ve now been married for 16 months, and in that time she has spent most of my original savings, and has not contributed to the family/ household bills one dollar. I am not exaggerating. I have not been able to save anything as I%26#039;ve had to pay my bills, her bills, and watch the savings diminish as she has (and admittedly to an extent we have) spent it all. She has never considered this %26quot;our%26quot; home, so she feels that I should be responsible for the bills and mortgage. Now, we are separated and for her to consider moving back in, she wants the security of knowing her name is on the deed to the home. I do not feel safe with that, and no, do not trust her the way she went through the savings I brought into the marriage and the attitude she has had about it.



My wife wants to put her name on the deed to my home - Thorough details?

You realize you didn%26#039;t actually ask a question, right?



Furthermore, you left out an extremely significant detail: why are you separated?



My wife wants to put her name on the deed to my home - Thorough details?

It is but natural,she is looking for her security,what is the harm in adding her name in deed ?



My wife wants to put her name on the deed to my home - Thorough details?

Do NOT put her name on the deed to the home. If you do, it would become just as much hers as yours even though you are the one who actually paid the bills, it is your greatest asset.



It does not sound like the marriage is stable in the first place. If she is holding her name on the deed as a condition of moving back in, kick her to the curb. You need someone with the same values and sense of responsibility that you have. Otherwise, her name on the deed will eventually lead to a protracted and ugly property settlement when you finally split up for good and you will have to sell the house to satisfy the divorce court.



My wife wants to put her name on the deed to my home - Thorough details?

first off you should have known that she was financially irresponsible before you married her based on the unpaid debt that she had accumulated.



second off, do not under any circumstances put her name on your house title.



If you do then you are a fool and you deserve whatever misfortune befalls you.



The woman is a gold digger plain and simple.



My wife wants to put her name on the deed to my home - Thorough details?

I%26#039;m pretty sure that even if her name isn%26#039;t on the deed she is still able to get 50% of the assets in the event of a devorce. This is why prenumptuals are sometimes in place. But who want%26#039;s to be in a marriage where you have to worry about those sort of thing%26#039;s thats not how it was intended to be.. Sad situaltion, and I%26#039;m sure to some degree you have feeling%26#039;s for her maybe even think you love her. I would revaluate if this is all worth it to you. Before you allow her to move back in and possably have even more questions in the future. But I%26#039;m sorry I think your stuck out w/ your home. Do you live in a community property state?



My wife wants to put her name on the deed to my home - Thorough details?

Please do not put her name on the DEED. She sounds very manipulative. You already feel reservations about money situation, it will only escalate with time. It is apparent that you have different attitudes toward money. This is one single factor responsible for most of the divorces. You do not have kids (?), so you can get out of this relationship, forget about losses, and you will find someone more compatible. If you still feel attracted to her as a woman, believe me, it will pass, you will hate her a lot when you would be ordered by court to sell your house and divide money. All the love will turn into hate. She did not bring anything into the marriage and it was only short term. I do not think she will have her hands on your house. Talk to attorney and do not get back with her.



My wife wants to put her name on the deed to my home - Thorough details?

I totally agree with Carolina. If your wife really loves you, she will be back whether her name is on the deed or not.



My wife wants to put her name on the deed to my home - Thorough details?

Sorry to say, you should have gotten rid of her long ago.



Nice of you to pay her debts along with your own.. but you let her spend your savings!! How could you be so, ugh!



Not considering it her own home, the no need to be on the deed. No reason for her to have a piece of your property that she can%26#039;t afford.. looking for security or not no one should ever screw up someone elses finances.



My wife wants to put her name on the deed to my home - Thorough details?

She should feel the security in you alone. It%26#039;s not the clothes a man wears but; the man himself. Just say no, next she will want a different home. Stay alert you have her game down.



My wife wants to put her name on the deed to my home - Thorough details?

If you want to stay married to her then you%26#039;ll have to put her name on the deed to get her back. But that doesn%26#039;t guarantee she will stay with you.



I don%26#039;t think you should get back with her. Sounds like given her spending habits that you would be better off without her. Start talking to a lawyer on how to best protect yourself.



My wife wants to put her name on the deed to my home - Thorough details?

No. You are seperated. Let her go. You didn%26#039;t have an argument. You broke up. Mature people with high integrity don%26#039;t solve problems that way.



My wife wants to put her name on the deed to my home - Thorough details?

DON%26#039;T DO IT. I made a similar mistake and paid dearly for it. I went through the same sad tale of woe %26quot;it doesn%26#039;t feel like our home.%26quot; %26quot;I don%26#039;t feel comfortable.%26quot;



It%26#039;s about laying claim to the asset and nothing more. Putting her name on the deed won%26#039;t give her any piece-of-mind. It won%26#039;t suddenly %26quot;feel like%26quot; her home. All it does is give her claim to the asset. Trust me, you don%26#039;t want that.



BIG RED FLAG! BIG ONE!



I think right now in this country and abroad, marriage %26amp; having children is a scary proposition whether you live together or not.



Today, the divorce rate is so high due to no-fault divorce. If you have kids, for women - that means they hold all the cards. A man today has to realize that, love and %26quot;the dream%26quot; aside, the risks to men/fathers far outweigh the rewards. Check the source - some great books and other resources on just this issue.



Family court is tilted heavily in favor of women/mothers. Moms have all the rights, get all the benefits, and dad is too often relegated to a visitor in his children%26#039;s lives while being an ATM machine for mom. He can lose half (or more) of the cash, cars, house, investments, etc... and worse - the children.



Seriously, if I had known then what I know now about how the divorce machine sucks in fathers, grinds them up, and spits them out so unceremoniously, I would have never gotten married. I would have given up my dream of having a family.



With no-fault divorce (the biggest killer of marriage and families) you don%26#039;t need an excuse anymore to get a divorce. You just don%26#039;t have to feel like being married anymore - and with that reality comes the truth - a marriage is no longer a contract, so what%26#039;s the point except to put yourself and your future at risk when someone %26quot;doesn%26#039;t feel like it anymore?%26quot; With women (who have children) initiating almost 3/4 of divorces today (most men don%26#039;t even see it coming), it%26#039;s the smart man who chooses not to get married and certainly not have children... and that%26#039;s a shame.



This affects men, women, and children alike. It affects everyone and people need to wake up to that reality. I know that there are lousy men and lousy fathers in this world - but make no mistake - the are plenty of lousy women and lousy mothers in this world and we should all be treated the same way (good or bad) and that simply isn%26#039;t happening today.



Her history of mismanagement of funds and her using the deed to the house to extort you for her return is criminal behavior. She has little or no claim to the house right now if you divorce... keep it that way. The divorce is coming.



In fact, you should file for divorce now. Her motivations are quite clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Egg donation © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting