Monday, October 26, 2009

If i want to buy a house in five years, what should i do to improve my credit.?

-I never really have major credit cards..my one credit card now has 4000 dolllars credit line..and i owe 2000 dollars now.



-I have school loans but they%26#039;re defered till later on.



-I owed 900 dollars 7 years ago and it was reported to the credit bureau as a credit collection but i paid that off two years ago.



-I know that there is a credit collection on my past phone bill in 2001(6yrs ago)..and im about to pay that off.



Would any of my past credit collection that occured 6-7 years ago effect my ability to by a house 5 years from now..even if i paid them off already.??



-What can i do to my credit history, to improve my credit report so i can get a higher chance of buying a house with affordable interest rates?



Thanks



If i want to buy a house in five years, what should i do to improve my credit.?

1. Check your credit report to make sure all information are correct. You%26#039;re entitled to one free one per year, see link below.



2. Never be late with payments.



3. Credit information last 7-10 years, so your collection from that period most likely won%26#039;t impact you.



4. Make sure to keep light debt balance ratio, meaning don%26#039;t take up too much debt.



5. Have steady income.



If i want to buy a house in five years, what should i do to improve my credit.?

make sure you never mis your payments. if you have a good repayment history they will hold that in high reguard.



these phone bills could make it harder for you to get a house but if you have a good excuse it may be ok. just pay it off asap.



the best thing you can do is just pay everything off and keep your credit clean from now on.



If i want to buy a house in five years, what should i do to improve my credit.?

ive heard that charging no more than 30% of your limit ( that would be 1200) on your credit cards looks good, the less you charge on a monthly basis the better. so try and pay that credit card off. it looks like your doing good. i believe marks stay on your credit file for about 7 years so as long as you dont have any more negative items you should be ok

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Egg donation © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting