Saturday, October 31, 2009

Egg donation?

How do you feel about egg donation? I am thinking of donating some of my eggs to a couple across the US who are unable to use the wife%26#039;s eggs to have a baby. So, what is your moral stance on it? Is it odd that I would have a child growing up with another couple who will never know me? (I wouldn%26#039;t carry the pregnancy, she will do that) Is it a nice thing to do or too complicated? I would have nothing to do with the child, no conatact at all. Also, should I take the $7,000 for the eggs or do it as a gift? I could use the money to pay off school loans, but I%26#039;m not sure if it would be like selling a kid. Seems creepy to say it like that. See how complicated it is?? Has anyone done this before? Was the procedure painful? Was it difficult emotionally? Did you take financial compensation? Tell me your personal experiences please, not a list of helpful websites. I have looked at them all. Thanks.



Egg donation?

Make sure in your heart first that you can do this. And live your life untroubled...It is the most awesome gift for a couple whom would never be able to share the gift of life...Or the raising and smiles of a child without someone like you.



You are a great person if or if not you do this. It%26#039;s not for everyone...There are people you can find on your own...They would let you visit,send photo%26#039;s up date%26#039;s so to speak...



Most all women take compensation...There is alot to be compensated for shots , meds you would not normally have,retrieval..Not so hot ...But do able..And your gas ,time,ect...The gift of life.



No one will be able to tell you ya or nay....Only you have the answers that your seeking...



I wish you much luck!! If this is not for you back out .You can always change your mind!! They will find someone else. They will keep going.Make sure in your heart first....You should always come first. Don%26#039;t lose yourself to give this gift!!



Good-Luck :) sparksgirlsX6@yahoo.com...If you need to talk more.



Egg donation?

Maybe some people just weren%26#039;t meant to get pregnant. Perhaps it is too risky for their bodies. There are so many children in the world waiting to get adopted into loving families that I wonder why it is so important to some people to go through all of these %26quot;Frankenstein%26quot; procedures. Personally, I think it%26#039;s creepy, but I wouldn%26#039;t try to stop someone from doing it if that%26#039;s what they wanted to do.



Egg donation?

I have never donated my eggs; but I want you to ask yourself this question... Do you really think that you would have nothing to do with this child? Maybe one day, this child will be told the truth of how she was brought into this world, then this grown person will find you and you life will never be the same after that. If YOU want to have children someday, how would they feel when they find out, years later, they have a sibling out there, somewhere. You must think in terms of the %26quot;long run%26quot;. What are the consequences of your decision? Could you really turn away your flesh and blood when he/she finds you 20 years from now? I guess I%26#039;ve seen too many movies, TV shows and talk shows about this subject, because it seems they all turn out the same way. Your past comes back to bite you in the butt. Be sure of your decision before you just give it all away.



Egg donation?

http://www.health.state.ny.us/community/...



I know I would love to be a surrogate mother, but I could never give away my eggs. There%26#039;s something different about it to me, because it%26#039;s actually my baby. If I%26#039;m a surrogate I just carry someone else%26#039;s baby. I think if you put yourself through all of that for someone you don%26#039;t know it is perfectly fine for you to take money. You are giving them a piece of you, there is no price for that. I don%26#039;t have a personal experience with egg donation, but I know if I were having troubles concieving I would want someone to donate their eggs to me. It sounds horrible, but I don%26#039;t know if I could do it for someone else. I%26#039;d think about everything hard before you make your decision. Sorry I couldn%26#039;t be of more help.



Egg donation?

As a woman who has yet to have children (but wants a couple in the future at some point), I think egg donation is a great thing.



My logic is this: if you can help someone have a child that they will love %26amp; adore, why not help them? Every month when you ovulate, the egg dissolves %26amp; is destroyed. Why not put a few to good use?



As for the religious idea of it: think of this, all children are really on loan from God, they don%26#039;t even really belong to us. We just provide a way for them to come to earth. So in this context, there is no problem in helping someone be able to raise a child.



The past fews months I have been having cycle problems %26amp; was scared of the possibilities. I was discussing this w/ my sister %26amp; she offered to let me have some eggs if I need them. Her exact words were this,%26quot;why not, they just get wasted most months anyway.%26quot; (she is currently awaiting the very soon birth of her third child) Luckily, everything is sorted out %26amp; the problem has been resolved. It was still nice knowing that I had a possibility of another way to have a child.



This is so not like selling a child. There is a reason it is called egg donation. The money needs to cover medical procedures %26amp; other expenses. Compensation for your time is a good thing. From what I know about a friend%26#039;s egg harvesting: she had to be on hormones %26amp; fertility treatments to stimulate the ovaries to have a number of eggs ready to be removed. The hormone treatments were not fun because she was really moody.



It is a serious decision %26amp; one you need to ponder like you are. If you are not truly comfortable w/ the idea, don%26#039;t do it. If you are comfortable %26amp; can let go of thinking there is a child running around who may look like you, it will be an amazing gift to give to someone who truly desires to have a child. Just thinking about it, it seems much easier that adopting to let go. You didn%26#039;t carry a child for 9 months. Egg donation is quite simple in comparison.



Be prayerful about your decision %26amp; you will make the correct choice.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Egg donation © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting