Monday, October 26, 2009

College loans for grown-ups?

Here%26#039;s the situation: I%26#039;m a full-time employee looking to go back to school. I plan on getting financial assistance for tuition and living expenses. My wife will be working full time, but won%26#039;t be starting her job until the day I start school. If I were to leave my job about two weeks-three weeks before I start school, how am I supposed to finance those two-three weeks. Money is tight now, and even though we%26#039;re saving, I%26#039;m not sure that we%26#039;ll have enough to cover the expenses of that time period.



Also, where do I even start about getting all this financial aid stuff started?



College loans for grown-ups?

Your best bet is to sit down and have a long, detailed talk with someone in the finanical aid office. Explain everything to them. Also, ask if there are any grants (ie the Pell Grant) that you might qualify for. Grants you on%26#039;t have to pay back, like a loan. Also talk to the HR department at your company. Many times the company will help with tuition expenses. Good luck.



College loans for grown-ups?

The best place to get information about financing your education is at the financial aid office in your college. Ask about federally subsidized Stafford loans.



These loans are available regardless of financial need and no credit checks are required. You do not have to begin repaying these types of loans until 6 months after you leave school. The government pays your interest while you are actively attending school and for a six month grace period after you leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Egg donation © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting