Monday, October 26, 2009

Claim myself on taxes or not? parents pay for school, i pay for everything else?

So once again me and my mom are in the debate of wether i should claim myself on taxes this year or have her claim me. Here is the situation. I live with my fiance, I have been out of my parents house since 2005. And they have not supported me since then. I am 22 years old. I am a full time student. And i work 40 hours and make a little under $300 a week after taxes. Right now my fiance pays the bills (rent, electric, water, phone etc.) I have a loan with a bank under my name. I pay that. I pay for all the groceries for the household since my fiance pays the other bills. My mom pays for my health insurance and my schooling (not counting what florida pre-paid picks up), along with my cell phone bill. And that is it. I think i should claim myself, she says it is better for her to claim me. Money is really tight right now so i could really use the money but she is being stubborn and says it is better for her to claim me.



what do you guys think? how do me and my mom get the most money?



Claim myself on taxes or not? parents pay for school, i pay for everything else?

Figure out what you would get by your self, and then have your mom figure out what she would get by claiming you. Whoever gets te most wins! But, make sure that your Mom gives you what should be yours (what you would%26#039;ve gotten by yourself), and good luck!!!



Claim myself on taxes or not? parents pay for school, i pay for everything else?

You have to file taxes because you work full time, even though you are a full time student you have been working full time so you must file your own taxes which means your mom cannot claim you.



Claim myself on taxes or not? parents pay for school, i pay for everything else?

Legally your mom cannot claim you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Egg donation © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting