Monday, October 26, 2009

Healing time after a baby?

Ok so...I have to go back to school a mere 5 days after my due date. I have no choice. What can I expect physically, mentally, and emotionally? My mom told me that most people need at LEAST 6 weeks to heal after a baby and she thinks that I%26#039;m crazy for not taking the semester off. But you see...my husband went and took out a school loan without telling me and if I don%26#039;t go to school we%26#039;ll have to start making payments on it which we cant afford. We%26#039;ve already called the place where he took the loan out and explained to them what is going on and they said that no matter what the reason if you are out of school for 6 months or more you have to start paying on it. So if I took the fall semester off I would have been out June-December...thats 7 months.



Am I going to be a complete mess next fall????



Healing time after a baby?

I think, seeing as its school and not a physically demanding job, you will be okay. Your going to be tired, but thats going to happen whether you go back 5 days after, 6 weeks after or 6 months after, lol..cause the baby is going to keep you up at night. But I think your body will be fine with it as long as its a normal birth. Good luck!



Healing time after a baby?

I%26#039;m in Nursing school and I had my baby on a Sunday and was back in class on Wedneday and attended a flu clinic for 8 hrs on my feet on Friday. You do what you have to do. You%26#039;re no the first and won%26#039;t be the last.



Healing time after a baby?

I wish you the best of luck and hope you not have a c-sec. I had a c-sec and that knocked me on my butt. W/ my expierence I could hardly walk for a week and had sharp pains in my stomach. You will have breast engorgement (thankfully, that only lasted 1 day). You will bleed constantly for a month to 6 weeks.



Healing time after a baby?

It will be tough but it is possible, i had a crummy professor that forced me to take a midterm the day after i had my daughter - Friday( i was still admitted in the hospital) , you should be able to walk and sit fine with in a week of delivery, just try to relax and sit down slowly, it will be tough as sleeping is sometimes not an option, but there are several people including myself that have done it, i had my daughter during a semester and kept going ( returned the following monday)



Healing time after a baby?

That is strange. You should be entitled to a deferrance or forbearance on you student loan for this semester. I have never heard of that not being granted. I think you and your husband should keep pushing on that. I would think it would be difficult to start class 5 days after. What if the baby is late? What if you have complications? You need to push for a deferrance.



Healing time after a baby?

I def. think its going to be hard however, I think you will be able to pull it off. I would take a small amount of classes. Maybe take like 2 classes or something just to be %26quot;In school%26quot; or if there are no stipulations to the loan you might be able to get away with one class. your going to want to spend as much time as possible with the baby. Not to mention waking up in the middle of the night to feed the baby. Good luck and I wish you the very best!



When are you due???



Healing time after a baby?

First off, just because youhave a due date doesn%26#039;t mean that%26#039;s the day you will have the baby. You have to think that there is a chance you will still BE pregnant 5 days after your due date. No way are you going to make it through class at 41 weeks pregnant!



If you do happen to have the baby on or before the due date, I think you are going to find that you won%26#039;t make it.



Sorry about your situation, I think you will need to skip the semester. Why would you need to make payments on a loan you won%26#039;t be using? Is the money already spent or something?



Healing time after a baby?

It will be difficult.



If you can try to arrange something with your professors in the event that you have to miss time, like get a fellow student to tape-record the lectures and bring you your homework, you might be able to survive.



I have only had cesareans, and that took at least 6 weeks for me to be okay to go out. Vaginal births can take less time, but you never know whether you will have a vag or cesarean until the baby is actually born. I also had a lot of complications, so I took longer than the norm.



I was actually still in the hospital 5 days after I gave birth. Consider this too; If you can get out of it, then try your hardest. If you are in the hospital, you can appeal to the school to get out. You should be able to cancel the loan, as long as the semester hasn%26#039;t started yet. Make phone calls now, so you aren%26#039;t stuck with the debt. I%26#039;d recommend taking the time off.



Healing time after a baby?

after i gave birth i could barely walk. i had a vaginal birth and i felt like someone stuck a stick of dynomite up me and it exploded. i was so swollen and i did tear a little so it hurt to sit, walk, sleep, pee, anything really! it took me a full 7 days to be able to actually be comfortable sitting on the couch. it took at least a month to be able to actually wipe and wash completely with out it hurting down there.



Plus i nurse so when my milk came in it was all new. I had no clue what to do ... i mean everything will be new to you. hun i think u need to take time off for you and your baby.



Healing time after a baby?

To be perfectly honest, if there are no complications with your pregnancy and you have been given a clean bill of health by your doctor, I don%26#039;t see the harm in returning to school. You won%26#039;t be completing any strenuous activity and will most likely be there for only a few hours. If any of the schooling can be done online, then that would definitely be the way to go. You could also work something out with the professors and let them know your condition to determine what can be done there. Most university professors could care less if you are present in class or not (at least at UGA where I attended) as long as you are able to complete the work, so you may be able to get a fellow student%26#039;s notes and lectures recordings to help you out.



It is recommended that you take at least six weeks to recooperate from a pregnancy and birth and some of the time is recommended as to develop time to bond with the child. I had a vaginal delivery and was fine a few hours after I had the child. Your recovery will all depend on your body%26#039;s reaction to giving birth and not all people%26#039;s bodies will react the same. Many people have myths about going out after a pregnancy to keep from getting sick and infections and things of the like, so I would discuss the possibility of returning to school with your doctor. After having my daughter, I was out and about two days later (of course not with the baby), but my life had to go on and there were things that I needed to take care of. Not being there for the baby will probably start getting to you, but always keep in mind that you are trying to get that education to help provide a better life for your child, so sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Good luck and don%26#039;t let others opinions deter you from doing what you think is best.



Healing time after a baby?

I got forbearances when I couldnt afford to pay my loans. You just call the company and they usually grant it and you can pick up in the next semester.



My brother got a forbearance for 3 years due to an injury and was still able to get loans when he returned 3 years and a semester later, without having to pay your loans.



Good luck and congrats!



Healing time after a baby?

I couldn%26#039;t tell you from personal experience because I%26#039;m barely expecting my first. But a co-worker of mine had her baby and came to work the following week. Because she had only been here a few months she did not have any kind of benefits like sick or medical leave. I do have other friends that have returned to work just a few weeks after birth and have done just fine. I think it%26#039;s just up to each individual as far as the physical healing. I%26#039;m sure the hardest thing is probably leaving your baby so soon.



Those loan places can be difficult and unfortunately you are at their mercy. I know of friends that have had payments garnished out of their income tax returns---they%26#039;re tough! Are you able to go to Summer Session, since it%26#039;s a shorter session or on-line classes?



Healing time after a baby?

i went back to school 2 weeks after my son



Healing time after a baby?

I think you will probably be okay, I had four children all natural births vaginal delivery and no drugs, after each one i was completely back to normal after 5 days, the only thing was i was still bleeding, but the day i come home from the hospital i still had to take care of the house, kids laundry . As long as you arent doing any sports, strenuous activity, and stay off of your feet as much as possible you should be okay i am sure the school would be understanding of your situation and cut you some slack, always be sure to rest when you feel like you need it because after you have a baby, if you are on your feet to much you can bleed really bad, if you are getting a csection i heard that for the first week you have to take it really easy so you may be okay after two weeks or so



Healing time after a baby?

your mom is right listen to her. you do need(have to) have that time to heal. and for the baby to get to know mom abit. you will want to spend time with the baby after the baby is born. listen to your mom



Healing time after a baby?

Not a good idea, especially if you have to have a C/S. You are asking for comlications which may cost you more time off from school than if you would just take the semester off. Could you take some internet courses or go part-time. You really should stay off your feet for your 6 weeks with a C/S, maybe slightly less with a vaginal delivery.



OB/GYN RN



Healing time after a baby?

Most loans just say you have to be enrolled at least half time wich is only 6 credit hours. maybe you can take classes online. With all three of my kids I think I could have done it but it would have been hard. i am currently trying to get pregnant and i will hopefully be in your same boat. I plan to take internet classes just to not have to take a semester off. Good luck and congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Egg donation © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting