Monday, October 26, 2009

I'm 38yrs old & I want to attend an Art Institute to get a degree in Digital Photograhy. Am

i have an ok job but not a %26quot;career%26quot;. I will be in my early 40%26#039;s when i obtain this degree if all goes well. I would like to hear from a real life photographer or someone in the business to inform me whether or not getting a degree in digital photography would be a waste of time instead of pursing a more traditional degree such as in business? i have no type of degree now but i desparately want to obtain one. i know that i would gain a lot of knowledge and have a lot of fun at the same time in taking the course because i have a passion for photography, but in the end, would it be worthwhile? how competitive is the business of photography? is there money to be made especially to help pay off my school loans when i%26#039;m done? i could really use a older person%26#039;s opinion and soon. I begin registration in a couple of days. thanks all. and please, no stupid answers. this is my future i%26#039;m asking for help on.



I%26#039;m 38yrs old %26amp; I want to attend an Art Institute to get a degree in Digital Photograhy. Am I to old to start?

Experience is the best teacher. I%26#039;m fixing to open my own studio, with no degree. I%26#039;ve been shooting for the past 30+ years. For myself, no one else. But it%26#039;s up to each individual whether or not they need to be %26quot;certified%26quot; to shoot.



I don%26#039;t.



I%26#039;m 38yrs old %26amp; I want to attend an Art Institute to get a degree in Digital Photograhy. Am I to old to start?

You%26#039;re never too old to get an education, in anything. Congrats and good luck!



I%26#039;m 38yrs old %26amp; I want to attend an Art Institute to get a degree in Digital Photograhy. Am I to old to start?

Never too late. I am 36, am putting my wife thru college, then I%26#039;m gonna go. My aunt waited til her 40%26#039;s then went to 4 years at Rutgers straight 4.0 all the way, Summa *** Laude, now she%26#039;s got her Masters and PHD in world history and chairs the WH dept at Memphis State College. NEVER TOO LATE!!



I submitted and I cannot believe they asterisked out my Cee U Emm!!!



I%26#039;m 38yrs old %26amp; I want to attend an Art Institute to get a degree in Digital Photograhy. Am I to old to start?

I am not a professional photographer but I do photography and I have several college degrees. I am a Doctor and I finished my career late with huge student loan debts. It has been a very difficult thing for me and for my family. A lot depends upon your particular circumstances. Are you married? Do you have little kids? - Then I would say stay away from expensive schooling. Either way, I am a big proponent of 2-year colleges where you can often get quality education at a bargain price. Keep your student loans to an absolute minimum (I recommend $0.00). They are very hard to pay back even if you have a good income. You should try to make a living doing what you enjoy if possible and you may not need a degree to do photography. You also have to consider how many years you will be working before you retire. At 25 years old you can expect to work 40 more years but at 40 years old you will probably work another 25 years so there are less years to benefit from the education. Think hard and long about the decision and get professional counseling if available.



Good luck.



I%26#039;m 38yrs old %26amp; I want to attend an Art Institute to get a degree in Digital Photograhy. Am I to old to start?

You are never too old to start school. I know people that are older than you that have gone back to school or even just started on their first degree. Most of the %26quot;non-traditional%26quot; students actually do better than the traditional students because they have already learned the life lessons that come with age. They know responsibility and are there because they want to be there. Most traditional students are there because they either have parents or other people in their lives pushing them to be there when they don%26#039;t even know what they want with their own lives or they are there because they think they know what they want just to find out that they actually want something very different. There are always exceptions to the rule though.



I%26#039;m 38yrs old %26amp; I want to attend an Art Institute to get a degree in Digital Photograhy. Am I to old to start?

NO!



I went back to the University at age 45...and I am getting A%26#039;s !!!



Do want your heart desires, you will excel! Do not worry about others, simply fulfill your dream! Apply for all types of scholarships, fill out a FAFSA, apply for Student Loans (if needed), work on the side, and once you are done, find a photography job you like, you may or may not find a job quickly, but you will find something you love soon and will do well, as long as you are a true passionate person about your career!



Compare schools and costs too. Are they reputable, are they state approved? DO they have a special for %26quot;adult%26quot; learners?



If need be, MOVE to where the best school for you is located! This would be short-term, you can return once finished.



I%26#039;m 38yrs old %26amp; I want to attend an Art Institute to get a degree in Digital Photograhy. Am I to old to start?

Well, I must admit that I really admire your aspirations and I believe there is no age limit when it comes to seeking further education in whatever field your heart wants to enter. I%26#039;m 55 and I want to do a course in TEFL and feel getting this will improve not only my self-esteem but also my knowlwdge and ability to be a better teacher and it will afford me to help out my students to improve as well. More power to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Egg donation © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting