Monday, October 26, 2009

How should I clean up my credit? Best Way.?

Im 22 years old and have a 545 credit score. No excuse is a good excuse but while I was in college my parents were paying my car note, computer bill, tuition and a couple credit c ards. Long story short, dad lost job, I had to leave school to work full-time and credit has went to hell. Computer charged off $1500, 2 $300 credit cards charged off, school loan $11,000. Total debt is $13,000. 10 of which is my loan the others are divided between smaller creditors. My ? is at this point will settling smaller ones which I can pay in full hurt me, and is it really worth doing consolidation or should I just take a year to pay them up on my own? I want to get a loan to finish flight school which is $40,000 but at this point NO ONE will finance me. I hope that once I pay all this up I can go back and get a loan to pursue my dream. I have about 5 accts in collection for around $300 each, which I know is very peitie. All charged off at this point. Still paying these will help right?



How should I clean up my credit? Best Way.?

Yes, you need to pay off anything that%26#039;s gone to collection as soon as possible. If you have to, make the minimum payment on the other loans and make larger payments to the collection items to get them taken care of. When these are paid it will positively affect your credit score. Once you can afford it, start paying more than the monthly payment on your loan and make sure it is early or on-time every month, which will also positively affect your score. Once your credit score is back up around 620 you should be able to find the financing you need.



Or the military is always an option, if you haven%26#039;t thought of it. The signing bonus would nearly clear your debt and the air force would teach you to fly for free.



How should I clean up my credit? Best Way.?

Go to this website creditboards.com they tons of information, dont pay chargeoff credit card with out asking collection agencies to remove those from your credit report, paid chargeoff is no difference then unpaid chargeoff it will be there on your file. go that website they have some good info.



How should I clean up my credit? Best Way.?

Why don%26#039;t you contact your creditors and see if you can work out a settlement. Tackle those small bills first and when you pay them off request that they send an update to the bureau



Your score will not go way up in a short period of time.....it takes a while but dont let that discourage you



Continue to work (overtime if you can) and start tackling the larger debts. Now keep in mind that the student loan is not negotiable....which means you will have to pay that



But to help your credit score, call the lender and ask for deferment or hardship. This will not make the debt go away but it will be reported as a deferment rather than past due (which is hurting your score)



How should I clean up my credit? Best Way.?

You should attempt a pay-for-deletion arrangement.



That way, if you can get agreement from your collectors, then they will remove the trade line from your credit report for payment in full.



If they don%26#039;t remove the item, but agree to pay-for-deletion in writing, then you can send the letter to the credit bureau once you have paid the collection amounts.



Good luck.



How should I clean up my credit? Best Way.?

Hey John, fixing your credit is not that hard to do. It just takes dedication and determination. I found a site that explains the process along with a sample credit repair letter that you can write to fix your credit. It%26#039;s at http://fixthisloan.com in the credit report section. Good luck!



How should I clean up my credit? Best Way.?

DO not pay the loans that have been %26quot;charged off%26quot; first. Pay the ones that are not in collections or in collections, but you still have an open account with.



After paying these people off then contact the lenders for the charge-off and pay them. Make sure you keep your statements showing the bills as paid off. Most lenders won%26#039;t report a payoff to a charged-off account.



So you may have to write a letter to the credit bureaus showing proof of payment to get it removed from your credit.



Good luck to you! Credit is something that%26#039;s easy to ruin and hard to rebuild, but you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Egg donation © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting